Carrington Junior School
  • 2250
  • 1524
  • 1885
  • 2580


The school fosters a close relationship with the local infant schools, but particularly Carrington Infant School. Children from the Infant School visit the school on regular occasions and develop relationships with the Junior School staff. An induction programme runs for children in the summer term.

Prospective parents are warmly invited to make an appointment to meet the Head Teacher and tour the school.

Who to Contact

All our admissions, whether they are for children starting school for the first time or for 'in-year' applications, are dealt with by Buckinghamshire County Council.  Full information may be found on their website:

Buckinghamshire County Council

You may contact the Admissions & Transport Team via the following link:

BCC Contact Us Form

In-Year Applications (please read the in-year admissions guide on the Buckinghamshire County Council website)

To request an alternative school place (not due to a house move):

In this case, parents should contact their child's current school to obtain an in-year application form.  The form should be completed by the parent and Head Teacher and e-mailed to or posted to the Admission & Transport Team, County Hall, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1UZ.

If moving into, or within, the county:

Please complete the online application form on the Buckinghamshire County Council website.  Parents will also need to submit supporting documentary evidence, either via e-mail or by post, to the Admission & Transport Team.

Waiting Lists

Please note that Buckinghamshire County Council hold all our waiting lists so the school is not able to inform you of the length of these waiting lists.

Other links you may find useful:

BCC School Admission Arrangements:

Find my child a school place:

Admissions Policies and Statistics:

Admissions Policy

Bucks County Council will confirm whether you have been allocated a place.  In the case of over-subscription, however, the list of criteria detailed below is used to allocate places up to the published Admission Number which is 60 per year group. Admissions criteria for mainstream school are as follows:

1.  Looked after children.

2. Children who have exceptional medical or social needs, which can only be met at that school, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.

3. Children living within the catchment area of the school.

4 For the main point of entry: Siblings of children who are attending the school or a ‘linked primary’ school in Year R – Year 5 at the time allocations are made, and are expected to be on the school roll or linked school roll at the time of the proposed admission, or who have already been offered a place to start in the current academic year at the school or a ‘linked primary school’. For immediate in year admission after the normal point of entry: Siblings of children who are in Year R to Year 6 at the time of admission to the school.

5. Children attending a primary school linked to the school named in the list of ‘linked primary’ schools at the time allocations are made. Our school is linked to Carrington Infant School.

6, Once the above rules have been applied then any further places will be offered in distance order; using the distance between the family's Normal Home Address and the school's nearest open entrance gate offering the closest first. We use a straight line distance.

7. Where a school can take some, but not all, of the children who qualify under one of these rules, we will give priority to children by taking account of the next rule (or rules) in the numbered list to decide who has priority for places.

8. If it still not possible to decide between two applicants who are equidistant then an independently scrutinised random allocation will be made to allocate the final place. An explanation of the method of making random allocations is on the council website at:


For admissions to our Additional Resource Provision (ARP), applications must be made through the Local Authority.

If you require any paper copies of information on our website, please contact the school office.