We believe that:
Every child matters and should be given access to the very best learning opportunities to ensure they reach their potential.
Every child should have the confidence to be an individual and be proud of who they are. Every child should be set and know how to achieve goals.
Every child should become a responsible citizen and value the community around them.
We believe that all members of our school community should work together to maintain a safe, clean and stimulating environment which encompasses not only the learning environment and the school grounds, but the surrounding area also.
We aim to promote sustainability and an awareness of wider global issues through our developing curriculum and the links made with our local and global communities. Good teamwork and positive partnerships – with individual children, the whole class, our colleagues, with governors, parents and the wider community will lead to effective teaching, high standards and successful learning.
Our children believe Carrington to be a school where:
- Lessons are fun and engaging.
- Outside learning is very much part of our curriculum.
- There are many opportunities for themed days and being creative.
- There is always someone we can trust to go to and they will help.
- We are happy.
- There are lots of clubs and activities – there is something for everybody.
- People listen to us.